17 May Marshmallow – Chocolade Nougat
10 g of gelatine powder
125 ml water
170 g sugar
170 g glucose syrup
0.7 g salt
60 g powdered sugar
Optional: brown colouring
- Pour 65 ml of water into the mixing bowl and add the gelatine
- Mix 60 ml of water with the sugar, glucose syrup and salt
- Heat the mixture to dissolve the powders and boil until the mixture is 116°C. Remove the pan directly from the fire.
- Turn the mixer to the lowest position and slowly add the hot sugar mixture to the gelatine mix. Once everything is added, turn the mixer to the highest position.
- Leave for 8-11 minutes at the highest position, and then add the aroma and possibly a colour. Mix for another 1 minute.
- Cover a bowl of baking paper and sieve half of the powdered sugar into it.
- Pour the mixture into the coated bowl and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining powdered sugar and let it rest overnight.
- Remove the marshmallow from the bowl and remove the loose powdered sugar.
- Cut into blocks of approximately 3 cm long and 3 cm wide.
- Put the pieces of marshmallow in a sealed bowl with the remaining powdered sugar, mix and make sure the marshmallows are completely covered with powdered sugar.
- With a sieve, you shake off all excess powder of marshmallows
In an air tight container the shelf life is a max of 3 weeks